Natural Ways to Boost Immunity & Reduce Stress
Mar 17, 2020
Good Morning, Aileena!
Happy Saint Patrick's Day! Are you wearing green?
Speaking of "green"... today we're talking about natural ways to boost your immunity and reduce stress which both include green: eating greens like kale, broccoli, and cabbage, and getting outside in nature!
I'm sharing more ideas than that below but if you remember nothing else from this email, then remember green: eat it, drink it, and live in it!
Our immune system is our defense against infection and attacks germs to keep us healthy. If there was ever a time to buckle down on our immunity and do everything we can to boost it up, it is now.
So, let's get this defense going!
Natural (and easy) Ways to Boost Immunity:
- Nourish Your Body
- Feed your body with nutrient-dense food
- Citrus fruits, kiwi, red and green peppers, broccoli, strawberries, almonds, sunflower seeds, oysters, baked beans, cashews, chickpeas, carrots, mango, papaya, oily fish, flaxseed, walnuts, etc
- And don't forget the water!!!
- Move Your Body
- No surprise here!
- We need to move to increase circulation of blood and oxygen all over the body
- Moderate exercise is best for immunity building with an occasional intense bout
- Frequent vigorous exercise could weaken immunity temporarily as it requires more energy/effort to recover
- Find a balance that works for you
- Rest Your Body
- Sleep, massage, stretching, epsom salt baths
- 8 hours of sleep a night is ideal
- Daily stretching to help body recover from movement
- 1 massage every 3-5 weeks for deep tissue release
- Soaking in epsom salt (2 cups) baths 2-3 nights per week to reduce inflammation & promote healing
- Be Kind to Your Body/Mind
- Reduce stress & anxiety as much as possible
- Get outside as often as you can!
- Listen to music, dance, sing, laugh as often as you can
- Connect with people in every possible way
- I share more ideas below because I believe this is the greatest threat to our immunity
- Cleanse Your Body
- Wash your hands 20-30 seconds, dry thoroughly too
- Take care of your teeth and your gums by brushing 2-3x a day and flossing at least 1x per day
- Showers/Baths, whatever you prefer but keep them regular and use a washcloth or loofah to help remove dead skin cell
Here are some other yummy foods that supercharge your immunity!
And our "FUEL" recipe below includes 2 of them!
I wholeheartedly believe that STRESS has the most negative impact on our health and when it goes untreated, it can compromise our immunity to the point where our bodies manifest symptoms of many diseases.
All of the immunity boosting tips above will help reduce overall stress and I included a few more below to help this idea stick in your brain.
Natural (and easy) Ways to Reduce Stress:
- Walk in Nature
- Here's our green!
- Getting outside allows to let go & connect with the beauty of what is.
- It reminds us to slow down & pause
- Essential oils, candles, diffusers, etc
- Lavender, Frankincense, Sandalwood, & Orange Blossom can all reduce stress & anxiety
- Take out the (head) trash
- This is a fantastic way to get out on paper what's in your head which immediately reduces its power and gives you more clarity on the roots of the thoughts
- Spend Time with Animals
- Petting a dog or a cat specifically can reduce stress and anxiety as well as feelings of loneliness and help you feel more connected
- Say NO
- You can say NO and still be a nice person
- Where can you cutback in your life?
- Slow down & breathe
- Practice being mindful of the moment you are in by breathing deeply and slowly into your belly
- 2-3 breaths usually does the trick!
- Connecting the mind/body & remembering to move them synergistically immediately reduces feelings of stress and anxiety
- Serving others fills your heart & reminds you of the power of gratitude
- Avoid Procrastination
- Stay on top of your priorities
- Worrying and waiting takes energy which increases all forms of stress
- Make a list of what needs to get done & organize it with priorities first
- A good rule of thumb to follow is to stick to 3-5 priorities for one day
Simply choosing 1 or 2 things from either list will help you immediately; and you can see that there is quite a bit of crossover here so when you aim to boost one area, you will pretty much always boost another.
Need more ideas or not sure where to start?
Reach out to me at any time.
I am your forever coach & am here to help!
~ Coach D. xo