It’s 2023 and I’m retiring…
It’s true. It’s a new year, a fresh start, and an opportunity to let go of the past and begin again. So, I’ve chosen to retire.
And no, not in the traditional sense. I’m not going anywhere. I am still coaching. I am still showing up. I am still Coach D.
But I have chosen to retire the following:
- The glorification of busy
- The fear of saying no
- The belief that I am not enough
- Comparison to anyone other than myself
- Doing anything that starts with “I should”
- Worrying about the future
- Pushing through pain (physical & mental)
- Doing more versus doing better
- Trying to keep up instead of staying on my own path
- Assuming Fran can read my mind
- Not asking for what I truly want
- Looking outside of myself for those deep answers
- Buying things I don’t need
- Avoiding rest
- Doing the same things but expecting a different result
- Saving things for “special events”
- Getting stressed...